Cars are like computers – most of us use them but we don’t necessarily know how to take care of them.
Here are some quick DIY tips and tricks that will help you keep your car in tip top condition and make sure your journey is as stress free as possible.
1. Check your tyre pressure – low tyre pressure can detrimentally affect your driving in terms of vehicle handling and fuel economy. So try to check them weekly to ensure they are at the recommended manufacturers pressure.
2. Toothpaste – Great for cleaning headlights – simply add to a soft cloth and get scrubbing
3. Cracked windscreen? – Slow the crack temporarily by brushing with clear nail polish on both sides of the glass. Then head to a repair shop.
4. Adjust your mirrors – no part of your car should appear in them
Via: Car and Drive
5. Use a plunger on small dents – push it firmly against the dent and pull out.
8. Never forget how to change a tyre and learn if you don’t know!
Via: Daily Infographic
By taking a little time out to take care of your car and keeping it in tip top condition, you will reduce the chances of trouble and strife when you’re out driving.