Today’s tube strike is bad news for all public transport travellers in and around London. It’s going to get pretty busy out there. So here’s our Tube Strike Survival Guide and some handy links.
- Essential travel only – if you can, work from your garden, home office or even from underneath your bed covers 🙂
- The TfL Journey Planner is your friend – tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey
Maybe you have to go in. Check out your route options, plan ahead and allow plenty of journey time. Buses will be busy.
- Keep an eye on the Line Status – https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/status/#lines-status
- Cycle if you can – cycle safely and use Navmii to figure out congestion hot spots and avoid the fumes. Remember you can hire bikes too but demand will be unusually high! https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/santander-cycles
- Switch Navmii to walking mode and walk if you haven’t got too far to go. It’s healthy and will clear you’re mind.
How to: (Navmii Quick Menu >> tap to toggle between Driving mode and Walking mode). Put on your favourite music and enjoy a leisurely stroll. London is lovely at this time of year. Walk and enjoy it!
Good luck and most of all, be safe out there!